Monday, January 3, 2011

New approach on potty training.

After reading, Clover Lanes: Potty Training, I have decided to take a new approach. This morning I hid all Logan's pull ups and set out his pile of his underwear for the day (we will stick to good nights for the night time only, for now). I am mentally prepared to remind him every 30 minutes to an hour to use the potty. As well as ask him where he needs to go pee (the correct answer to this for him is "Elmo potty"). I have also mentally prepared myself for the numerous amount of times I might have to change his undies a day. I plan on not taking him out anywhere for the next couple days in hope that he will catch on quickly at home. Then we will slowly bring him out. When we are out I just need to remember to pack extra undies, pants, socks & maybe even a pair of shoes! Also to bring his big potty attacher with us.

My only down fall is not having a washer or dryer in my apartment. I will have to go do a small load of laundry every night to make sure he has enough underwear for the following day.

Logan's choice of underwear is the Toy Story 3 pack (can I complain on how expensive 7 pairs of underwear are). We bought 3 different packs to start.

I still have hopes in having him potty trained before Conner's arrival. I know I have been working at this for weeks now. I guess I finally figured out where we have going wrong (the pull ups). So lets see how strictly underwear turns out to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...