Monday, January 10, 2011

Week 30; Where did the time go?!

I really wish I did weekly updates during this pregnancy but I did not. So here we are week 30 ins, only about 10 weeks left to go and I'm going to start giving some sort of weekly update. Better late than never, right? To begin, I'll give you a little run down of the past 30 weeks, how about that?!

First Trimester:
5-6 weeks: We found our we are pregnant for the 3rd time!
6-13 weeks: My toilet became my best friends. While the thought of food became my enemy. I felt and looked like death (at least I thought so).

Second Trimester:
15 weeks: Finally got over all the random sickness spells and gained an abundance of energy.
16-19 weeks: Everything felt like it was in slow motion as we patiently waited to find out the sex of this baby. Honestly can't say there was much excitement in these few weeks.
20 weeks: Finally, the big day to find out! Now as you can imagine after having 2 boys how badly I just might want a baby girl. Honestly I really believed I am carrying a baby girl (this pregnancy has been very different from my other two). My husband was even convinced the baby is a girl. But I guess the ultra sound said other wise. Now I didn't see the sex of the baby, my husband wanted to tell me for himself. So after the ultra sound he tried to find a way to tell me with out making me upset. He was already feeling heartbroken, he was really hoping for a baby girl. He was scared to tell me but he told me. When he did, I kind of just blocked the world out and went into depress mode for about 2 days. I didn't want to talk to anyone about it. I was really upset. But I quickly got over my "selfishness" (I believe I was being selfish) and thought of all the positives of having a boy! Here are a few good reasons; he is healthy, we don't have to buy much (like clothes, toys), he will have 2 of the best friends in the whole world (his big brothers).
21-30 weeks: The last 9 weeks have passed by pretty quickly thanks to the holidays!

Third Trimester:
We are now all caught up in time with the basics of the last 30 weeks.

Some great things about being 30 weeks:
  • We now have appointments ever 2 weeks. 
  • We only have 10 weeks left to go until Conner (we decided on the name Conner) arrives.
  • Conner's movements and feeling his little limbs outside of my tummy put a smile on my face every time!
  • We can begin to prepare everything for him (crib, car seat, clothes, etc.)
Some not so great things about being 30 weeks:
  • Heartburn/acid reflux; Zantac, tums, Maalox are like my best friends!
  • Beginning to feel uncomfortable and exhausted
  • Not being able to sleep comfortably.
  • Back pains, sciatic pains.
  • The randomly and many trips to the bathroom to pee.
I sort of, kind of, really hope these next 10 weeks go quickly. I can not wait to hold Conner. I can not wait to see who he looks like. I can not wait to officially meet him!

Till next weeks update :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...